Broccoli & Feta Stuffed Leg of Lamb
20 min prep 75 min cook 95 min total 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (4-5 lb.) boneless leg of lamb
- 1 bag (12.6 oz.) Birds Eye Deluxe Baby Vegetables Baby Broccoli Florets, cooked according to package directions; chop large pieces*
- 3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Kitchen Twine
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll lamb and arrange on flat surface. Trim excess fat. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and pound evenly with a meat pounder.
- Combine prepared Baby Broccoli Florets, feta cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, lemon peel, parsley, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl.
- Press broccoli mixture down center of the lamb. Starting from the long end, roll up the lamb and form into a compact roll. Using kitchen twine, secure the roll at 2-inch intervals along the length, and then tie lengthwise to help retain shape. Brush generously with olive and season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Arrange in shallow roasting pan and roast 1 hour 15 minutes or until food thermometer registers 145°F. Allow lamb to rest covered at least 3 minutes.
- To serve, remove twine and thinly slice.