Classic Cream of Asparagus Soup
10 min prep 20 min cook 30 min total 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 medium all-purpose poato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups fat free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Asparagus Spears, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup light cream or half and half
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large saucepot and cook onion, 5 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add potato and chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Puree until smooth. Add cream, salt and black pepper and heat through.
- Serve in shallow bowls, garnished with reserved asparagus and, if desired, with Crème Fraiche.