Hearty Chicken, Veggie & Rice Soup
10 min prep 15 min cook 25 min total 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves or 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Selects Mixed Vegetables
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 bag (10 oz.) Whole Grain Brown Rice, cooked according to package directions
- Melt butter in large saucepot over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, thyme and Mixed Vegetables; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add chicken. Simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in prepared Whole Grain Brown Rice. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper.