Mini Meatball Parmesan Bites
1 bag Birds Eye® Veggie Made™ Cauliflower or Broccoli Tots, cooked according to package directions
1 lb. ground beef
1/3 cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup finely chopped basil leaves, divided
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup marinara sauce
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray mini muffin pans.
- While Veggie Tots are cooking, blend ground beef, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoon basil, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Form into 24 meatballs.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet and brown meatballs in batches. Add marinara sauce and simmer 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Place 1 cooked tot in each cup and smash to form a crust. Evenly sprinkle each with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange 1 meatball in each cup, drizzle with marinara sauce and evenly top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Serve, if desired, with additional marinara sauce.