Spring Pea Soup
15 min prep 25 min cook 40 min total 8 servings
- 1 bag Birds Eye Deluxe Baby Vegetables Baby Sweet Peas, cooked according to package directions*
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 large shallots, sliced
- 4 green onions, white parts only, thinly sliced (save green part for garnish)
- 2 all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream or creme fraiche
- Heat oil over medium heat in large saucepan and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until softened. Add white parts of green onions, potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in prepared Baby Sweet Peas. Smash soup with potato masher until desired texture. (For smoother soup, process in blender.)
- Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- To serve, garnish each bowl with sour cream and thinly sliced green onions.