Slow Cooker Ancho Beef Chili
10 min prep 255 min cook 265 min total 6 servings
- 1 bag Birds Eye Stir-Fry Vegetables Pepper Stir-Fry, or Birds Eye Recipe Ready Tri Color Pepper & Onion Blend
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs. beef for stew, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Blend flour, chili pepper, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add beef cubes; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet and cook beef, stirring occasionally until dark golden brown. Add wine and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in Pepper Stir-Fry, diced tomatoes, garlic and bay leaf.
- Place in slow cooker and cook on HIGH 4 hours or until beef is tender. Serve, with your favorite chili condiments.