Sweet Potato & Apple Soup
15 min prep 30 min cook 45 min total 4 cups servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 bagBirds Eye Steamfresh Chef’s Favorites Lightly Seasoned Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar, cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large saucepot and cook onion, 5 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add apple and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Stir in remaining ingredients except cranberry sauce.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup in shallow bowls with a dollop of cranberry sauce.